If you want to regain your strength, refresh and rejuvenate when you are tired or exhausted by running a lot during the day, it is clear what you need to do; PowerNap !
When we are sleep deprived, our eyes are closed, we have no energy and we become unproductive. That's why we turn to coffee, preferring to recuperate instead of being without energy and moodiness, but sometimes it just doesn't work. Because our body needs sleep and therefore we need to sleep. If you have time to sleep, power nap is what you should do.
What is Power Nap?
Power Nap, also known as power nap or short sleep . Sleep allows you to regain your strength and efficiency during the day or at noon.
20 minutes of Power Nap sleep is recommended. In this process, it is not difficult to wake up as you do not go into deep sleep, that is, the REM stage, and instead of feeling dizzy when you wake up, you find yourself continuing your day with a very energetic, renewed and much more productive way. If you have the time you can do a 90 minute power nap, this is the best quality power nap . In this longer recovery sleep, your brain gets a chance to rest and when you wake up, you feel like you just woke up from the night's sleep. However, a 30-60 minute power nap that does not exceed 20 minutes and does not go up to 90 minutes can make you feel lethargic and dizzy. It also affects your nighttime sleep and can disrupt your sleep cycle. That's why I recommend setting an alarm before power nap.
In Which Situations Should Power Nap Be Done?
- If you feel angry.
- If you have a hard time dealing with stress.
- If you find your eyes constantly diving somewhere.
- If your under-eyes are purple and your eyes are swollen.
- If you feel tired and without energy.
If you have these symptoms, you urgently need a power nap. Find a corner and close your eyes slowly.
Where Can You Power Nap?
If you are at work and your workplace is sleep-friendly, you can take a nap at your desk or in a suitable environment at work. If your workplace isn't sleep-friendly, you can get down to your car at noon and sleep there.
If you're on the road, you can park your car on a quiet street and sleep. If you are on public transportation vehicles such as buses and subways, you can sleep from where you sit until your destination without disturbing anyone.
If you're at school, the library can be a nice place to take a nap since it's a quiet place.
If you are at home, tired from doing housework or for any reason, you know very well where to power nap. Orthopedic and organic bed in your bedroom!
How should the environment be when doing Power Nap?
If you're a quick sleeper, you can sleep anywhere. But if you are someone who has trouble falling asleep, you can do these to create an environment that will allow you to fall asleep quickly;
- Find a dark place. You can fall asleep more easily when there is no light.
- Don't be too hot or too cold where you are. The ideal ambient temperature for sleeping is 18°C.
- Turn on soft and calm music. This relaxes you and helps you sleep.
What are the benefits of doing Power Nap?
- It allows the brain to get rid of unnecessary information stored in short-term memory.
- It contributes to the development of muscle memory.
- It makes you feel more rested and vigorous.
- It makes the brain work faster and more accurately.
- It increases your life energy and creativity.
- It increases your performance and attention level.
Who Should Power Nap?
Power Nap is suitable for everyone of all ages. But if you have sleep problems or a problem like sleep apnea, power nap is not ideal for you.
As a result, power nap is an activity that we can all use when we need energy and power and affects us positively. If we place power naps in our lives, we will be energetic, fit, high in life energy and healthy.